Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 19: Peanut Butter Sauce

I received a wonderful email from an old friend, Claire Kelm, who wanted to thank me for posting a recipe for Meyer Lemon Poppyseed cake on Facebook a while back.  Apparently she made one for a party and it was a hit!

This got me to thinking about the value of posting favorite recipes.  And since I'm "on the road" right now, traveling to Sedona, AZ this seemed like a good time to do this.  So, for your dining pleasure I offer my all time favorite recipe for Spicy Peanut Sauce.  This can be used over virtually anything, but makes a particularly good meal with chicken, rice and vegetables.



Spicy Peanut Sauce
 One cup of peanut butter
One cup of hot water
½ cup of cider vinegar
4 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
4 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.  Add more water if you'd like it thinner.  You can store this in the refrigerator in a jar and pour out a half cup or so to use as a sauce over nearly anything.  It is especially good over rice and brocolli and tofu or grilled chicken.  I make a Rice Bowl with veggies and either chicken, tofu or even leftover flank steak.   Heat the sauce in the microwave or slowly on the stovetop.  Pour a little or a lot over any leftover and smile.
My husband swears that peanut sauce would make cardboard taste divine!
This recipe makes two cups which is a lot.  The original recipe is half of everything, but I love it so much and eat it so often that I might as well make a lot and keep it.  It stores well and can be thinned if it gets thick.  Oh, and you can use any kind of peanut butter you like.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment