Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 64 Lunch with Dr. Kellen Glinder

In 1991 I formed a group at Stanford known as the Stanford Improvisers (SImps).  The original 16 members of that group bonded in a special way during their Stanford years.  I have kept track of most of this group during the past twenty years, gone to many weddings, celebrated the birth of their children and watched with delight on Facebook as they have sung their triumphs and shared their challenges.   On Friday I had lunch with Dr. Kellen Glinder who was one of this elite bunch.  Kellen is currently  a Pediatrician at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation.  He is a beloved physician who thrives on the quality of his patient care.  He knows how to talk to children.  


It makes me very proud to see his accomplishments.  He carries on the spirit of improvisation in his work today.  I found an instructive video which he made on "how to use an asthma inhaler spacer."  Bravo, Kellen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment