Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 217: The Power of Books

So many books.  So little time.  Books have a life of their own.  I consider my book, Improv Wisdom: Don't Prepare, Just Show Up to be "my daughter" in the world.  She was born on May 5, 2005.  She worked hard to learn other languages and she speaks German and Korean.  In February she will complete her course in Japanese and start her life in the that country.  And, she may be invited to China, too.
I think of her moving around the country and the world having conversations and inspiring people.  Today I learned that she had visited a clinical psychologist in Chicago.  In his blog on Developing Your Creativity he wrote about an idea from the book that could help psychotherapist in their sessions with patients.  It pleases me that the ideas in my book are being applied to help professionals solve problems.  Never underestimate the power of a book.

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for books. I agree with you, Ms. Madson. Your blog title is perfect.

    ReplyDelete