Monday, May 14, 2012

Shungo Asada: the King of kindness

In the mail today I received the most astonishing gift: Five hand carved hanko from Japan. Three of these were carved from a rubber stamp by Shungo Asada and two others were commissioned by Asada-san from a friend who makes these charming seals. The small red marks on oriental artwork are themselves part of the art. Placement of the stamps on the page is part of the aesthetics. Having a variety of seals to use increases the choice for placement on etegami. I shall have LOTS of fun using these kind gifts. How did I get so lucky? The card at the bottom is a pencil sketch by the artist who made the stamps. Isn't his work delightful? The card on top is part of my thank you to Shungo Asada. Arigato Gozaimasu.









2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia!

    You are welcome
    I have you glad. I am glad.

    Shungo Asada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the BEST gift I have ever received in my life. It makes me so happy.

      Delete