Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 23: Second Day's Art

On Saturday we studied the "Circles of Perception" and discovered that art can be viewed on a spectrum from realistic to abstract.  The four categories we observed are: Realistic, Impressionistic, Expressive Realism and Abstract Art.  The same idea can be rendered in a variety of styles.  Mrs. Carbonetti demonstrated a landscape stage by stage.  Following her excellent demonstration we had the chance to make our copy/version of the work she'd shown or paint a landscape of our own choosing.  I did two painting today: the landscape with the purple flowers is a copy of the work done by Jeanne Carbonetti in class today.  The second painting, "Pond of Dreams" is a study of our koi pond from my mind's eye.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I love your work. Thank you so much for sharing what you learn especially that I am deciding to paint water color again.

    ReplyDelete