Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 45: My IPhone

Homage to my IPhone.  I continue to be astonished at the tasks which can be accomplished on this small device.  Today I was driving on highway 280 past the Golden Gate National Cemetery.  I noticed that the large American flag was flying at half staff.  I wonder who died?  Using the phone to Google the Cemetery I found the phone number for their office.  Calling this number I reached a pleasant voiced woman who told me that their policy was to fly the flag at half staff whenever there was a burial in the cemetery.  Someone was being buried today and so in honor of this the flag was hung low.  How wondrous, I thought, to discover this fact while zooming down the highway.  Well, my husband was driving, and I was zooming as a passenger touching buttons on a tiny screen to learn something.


Memorial Day is coming up soon.  As Americans we have a very deep debt of gratitude to those who have given their lives in the service of our country.  My thoughts are with them today as I pass that cemetery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment