Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 43: Susan Landor Keegin's Paintings



The painter I want to honor today is my friend, Susan Landor Keegin.  She has a web site which shares her prodigious work (a little painting every day).  A month or so ago I bought two of her paintings, and just this week my husband, Ron, finished framing them.  The painting without frame are 6" X 8".  I adore their size.
Aren't they marvelous?  Monet, Manet, Renoir . . .  eat your heart out!








The Impressionist exhibit at the DeYoung which I mentioned yesterday is a beautifully presented show.  The first week crowds meant that I really could not linger to view the works,  but clearly it is a show that I will return to.  The Impressionist images I copied on yesterday's blog were not among the 100 paintings in this show.  In fact, overall it was short on the most famous works of this movement with the notable exception of the Whistler and the "Birth of Venus".  If you go to the museum on a Friday night the Cafe serves a delicious three course dinner that is an astonishing value for $15.  

No comments:

Post a Comment