Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 53: Improv Wisdom goes to Japan

My friends all know that I think of my book, Improv Wisdom: Don't Prepare, Just Show Up (Bell Tower, 2005) as if it was my daughter in the world.  She is now five years old and has had some expansive experiences.  Last summer she was translated into both Korean and German and published in those countries.  The cover of the book took on a new look in both cases: 

                         
I received an email today from my publisher, Random House, informing me that the rights to the book had just been sold to a distinguished publishing house in Japan, and that the book will be translated and released in Japanese within eighteen months.  This delights me heartily because many of the stories in the book derive from experiences I had in Japan.  I've always dreamed that the book might take a journey to that beautiful country.  I shall look forward to someday posting the Japanese cover art.  







No comments:

Post a Comment