Saturday, June 20, 2015

Surgery time scheduled

In my pre-op meeting with the hospital on Friday I've been informed that I'm number one on the surgery dancecard on Monday morning.  This means a 7:30am start for the operation and I'm to be at the hospital to check in at 5:30am. I'm pleased about this as I won't have a lot of time to hang around to worry.  Almost before I'm awake that day they will have me asleep to be ready for the surgery. 

 For those of you reading who know something about this I'm scheduled to have an anterior hip procedure.   Rumor has it that this is less invasive and that healing can go faster since some muscles don't get cut. I've spent part of the weekend getting ready making etegami thank you cards to give to nurses and folks who help.  
I am grateful in advance for all the years of medical knowledge that accompanies me on my adventure.  Thanks to those who studied such procedures and those who know about pain and infection and what to do to combat these.  What a world we live in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment