Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 293: The fruits of Bad Art Night

 Our first ever "Bad Art Night" in Half Moon Bay took place on Friday, January 14th at the home of Laura McHugh.  About a dozen artists showed up. The media was eclectic. From Photoshop to fabric art, to collage, photography . . . you name it, and somebody was doing it.  A women to my right was turning playing cards into a deck of art cards.  Very clever.  I used this opportunity to work on trying a new kind of painting, in the style of Nava Grunfeld, whose luminescent watercolors glow.  I'm not there yet, but the painting below shows my progress.  I'm working on a photograph of a bowl of cherry tomatoes sitting on a red cloth next to a purple plate.  You can see the photograph I'm attempting to capture in the group shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment