Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 10: Spatula

If I had to name my favorite kitchen utensil it would be this plastic spatula.  It is the "go to" item I always pull from the drawer when I cook.  It spreads butter or jam or peanut butter or even tapenade easily.  It cleans up in an instant.  I use it to stir things or scrape up the last twiddle-dee bits of cookie dough or pancake batter.  It scrapes, it scoops, it spreads and it is easy on the eye and the pocketbook.  You can hang it on a hook or a nail.  It cost under one dollar at a fancy cooking store.  I love this spatula.  


Al hail the simple tool.  I'll bet there are tools in your life that serve many uses.  When was the last time you thanked your spatula?

1 comment:

  1. When was the last time you thanked your spatula? Such a good reminder to be grateful the the tools we are using.

    ReplyDelete