Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 18: Susan Landor's Art and Heart


This remarkable oil painting and the commentary below is by my friend Susan Landor Keegan.  Her website: A Little Painting Every Day is a jewel.  With her permission I am reposting this.  Ah, what beauty! Besides her eye for composition and mastery of color Susan has a deep appreciation of life. Her tiny paintings are precious studies of the world she encounters.   Her mother, Josephine, was a mentor and second mom to me when I moved to California in the late 1970's.


MONDAY, APRIL 26, 2010

Single Flower in the Meadow

Single Flower in the Meadow
Oil on Wood
6"X6"
I woke up Saturday to the unlikely brilliance of this single flower blooming in the meadow. Defying the deer (how do they know to resist?), rabbits, birds, gophers, not to mention wind and rainfall. So far. So much life coming and going lately it feels like emotional whiplash. The only option is to celebrate everyday, weep with abandon, and spread the love.


And so I take Susan's advice today to celebrate everyday life.  This morning I begin a road trip to Sedona, AZ.  Posts coming from those magical red rocks.  Stay tuned.  And, thank you Susan for your inspiration today.

No comments:

Post a Comment