Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DAY 309: All Humans are Improvisers


All Humans Are Improvisers from A Way of Life a documentary film by Ace Wonderstar. 

In 2009 I did a series of interviews with a bright young woman named Ace Wonderstar.  Her life's project was making a documentary film on the life and teaching of Scott Kelman, a theater dance/improv teacher who had inspired her.  On the road to understanding the phenomena of improvisation she came across my work, Improv Wisdom: Don't Prepare, Just Show Up, Bell Tower, 2005.   I spent a day answering questions and discoursing on improvisation.  These comments were folded into the larger video about Kelman's life and work.  I recommend her fine film.  This tiny clip sets improv in a larger context.  I plan to post other clips from this film as I reflect on what improvisation means and how it serves us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment