Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 321: Herbed Corn Bread

I love the smell of bread baking.  But I'm hopeless at doing the proper kneading and rising, etc.  Over 10 years ago a friend gave me a breadmaker.  It turns out that I LOVE using it.  I make bread once a week and enjoy the smell of it filling the house with wholeness.  On Facebook yesterday I mentioned I was baking.  So here goes the recipe:

Herbed Corn Bread

(a rising bread)

½ cup + 2 Tablespoons WATER
1 cup milk (can use evaporated, too)
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup coarse cornmeal
2 teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
 1 ½ teaspoon celery seeds
1 ½ teaspoon dried sage
½ teaspoon marjoram
½ teaspoon dried ginger

Throw it all in a breadmaker.
Enjoy!  (or do what you do to
Make ordinary bread in the oven)

This is NOT cornbread, but rather
Like a whole wheat herbed bread that

No comments:

Post a Comment