Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 157: Trudy's Birthday


Today is the birthday of my best friend, Trudy Boyle.  She is a woman with so many admirable qualities that I hardly know where to begin when I introduce her.  She is a mother, grandmother, friend and helper to many people.  She recently retired from work as the program director for Wellspring, Calgary, a cancer resource center.  I met her nearly twenty years ago when we both became teachers of Constructive Living.  She was scheduled to be here in California to celebrate her birthday, but she canceled the trip when a family member needed support being at the side of a loved one who was in hospice for his last days.  Trudy is a person who shows up for others.  She is a beacon of light and comfort to all who know her.  While I wish we were blowing out her birthday candles together tonight, I think she knows that our love is with her and her family at this time.  
In this photo we are walking off into our golden years together.
Happy birthday.  The day you were born was a very good day.



2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Patricia - she is indeed a beacon of light and comfort. I am also glad for this day - the day she was born.
    Patti Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that kind of friend too. Aren't we just the luckiest things!?!

    Happy Birthday to Trudy!

    ReplyDelete