Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 173: The Sound of Music

In the mid 1980's each week I would visit the Sisters of the Corpus Christi Monastery in Menlo Park.  These women are a community of cloistered Dominican nuns.  Prayer is their life.  My job was to help the more timid women to read more clearly and effectively.  The Sister on the left is the remarkable Sister Mary of the Holy Spirit.  Here she sits next to the new Prioress, Sister Mary Assumpta.  I visited them yesterday.  SM of the Holy Spirit is a remarkable 92 years old.  She is a concert singer, a prize winning photographer,  artist and a true character.  Ron and I went to pay a social call on these amazing ladies yesterday.  I post here one of her remarkable photographs.  Check out her angelic voice in this YouTube clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment