Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 161: Egg Hats

This is what the well dressed egg wears in El Granada.  I think we bought these Tyrollean hats for boiled eggs in a tiny shop in Germany during the trip to "Christmas Markets of Europe" some years back.  They keep the eggs warm while we assemble the rest of the breakfast.  I wonder who the little women was who knitted these totally unnecessary, but precious items?  Can you imagine her (it had to be a woman, didn't it?) selecting the little feathers to tuck into the band.  All hail useless, charming stuff.  Oh, that is Earl Grey tea I'm drinking and out of frame is the Meyer Lemon curd I use to decorate my home made toast.  Isn't life grand.  On a tea box I once saw the quote:  "Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea."  

No comments:

Post a Comment