Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 199: Sunflowers at Farmer John's

I spent the weekend in the company of former students who have become good friends.  On Friday night I had dinner with Ted DesMaisons at the Greens at Ft. Mason.  Ted is a Religious Studies instructor at an east coast prep school.  He is also an improviser.  Following dinner I was "de Judge" at the BATS Theatersports match between the Stanford Improvisors and the BATS Company players.  Great show, lots of fun.  BATS kept the trophy.  Maybe next year for Stanford.
On Saturday I sat in the rain and watched Stanford's football team eke out a win against Washington State U.  Dinner that evening was with Catherine Hagan and her fiance, Dave Luxton.  Catherine is a Vet who is doing research.  She is a protectress of our animal friends in the laboratory.  Dave is working with suicide prevention in the military.  I am impressed by the quality of the young men and women who are changing our world for the better.  What a blessed life I have had to teach them over the years.
My painting today is from last Wednesday's plein air session at Farmer John's Pumpkin Patch in Half Moon Bay.  The sunflowers there were crying out to be painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment